    How do I change it so that a valid password does NOT require a
    non-alphanumeric character?

    Thanks!

    VB Programmer, Jan 30, 2006

  2. VB Programmer

    Guest

    You set it in the web.config file if I am not mistaken

    <membership defaultProvider="myProvider">
    <providers>
    <add name="myProvider" connectionStringName="myConnection"
    minRequiredNonAlphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="3"
    />
    </providers>
    </membership>

    , Jan 30, 2006

  3. Isn't connectionStringName, etc... for db related stuff?

    I'm just speaking of the built in validator for the password box in the
    CreateUserWizard.

    Thanks....

    VB Programmer, Jan 30, 2006
  4. VB Programmer

    Guest

    Yes, but your membership data usually resides in a database. Please
    try the other things and see if it works. The
    minRequiredNonAlphaNumericCharacters is what tells the Membership API
    not to worry if the password has a non-Aphanumeric character and that
    is what you asked for.

    Chris

    , Jan 30, 2006