    ..net)

    Many Thanks

    JJ

    JJ, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Manohar Kamath [MVP], Apr 1, 2004

  3. I agree with Manohar, DundasChart is decent... however it is rather
    expensive. For some other options see http://www.aspfaq.com/2170

    --
    Aaron Bertrand
    SQL Server MVP

    Aaron Bertrand [MVP], Apr 1, 2004
  4. JJ wrote:
    > Can anyone reccommend a decent chart/graph component to use with asp 3 (Not
    > .net)

    If your users have fairly current browsers, a killer option is to use
    Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), now is a W3C recommendation. You build a
    description of the chart/drawing with XML (just as you build a
    description of an HTML page) and send it to the browser with the HTML.

    SVG is easy to write, efficient and is great for drawings, charts, etc.
    Currently a browser plugin must be installed. Such a plugin is similar
    to the Flash plugin. SVG plugins are available for most new browsers.

    The following article shows how to do SVG in ASP:
    "Generating Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) on the Fly"
    By David Botterman
    The article has links for downloading plugins.

    See http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/SVG-Implementations
    for implementations of the SVG standard or to download various plugins.
    Visit http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20000802/ to read about the W3C
    SVG standard.

    SVG: A Sure Bet by Paul Prescod
    July 16, 2003http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/07/16/svg-prescod.html