Checkboxlist and radioboxlist.

Gerald

Hi All,

Following one of my previous post, I want to explain a little bit more what
I want to do.
I have got problems with checkboxes and radioboxes and ASP.Net

I want to create a list of checkboxes on the fly and use the postback
features.
Problem, prior to the postback, I want to be able to check thing on the
client in Javascript.

But if you use asp.net features adding ListItem, it creates some problems
It changes the name of the checkbox or gives an error if you create multiple
item with same name.
Plus, it fails adding attributes on the client.

Basically I have a form with complex javascript check on the client before
to postback. And all the complex checking is based on the fact that
chackboxes have the same name and that you can pass the checking values
within the attributes tag.

What I would like to get at the end is:
<input type="checkbox" name="fldTest" value="1" linkedField="fldtest1"
param2="paramvalue">
<input type="checkbox" name="fldTest" value="2" linkedField="fldtest2"
param2="paramvalue">

How can I achieve that?
I can not think it is not possible.

The only solution I have found so far is response.write the checkboxes and
on the postback page, doing a request.form for those item then repopulating
them if something is failing.

Also, most of the time, I like to get a comma separeted string of the boxes
checked. But with the new system, how can you do that?

Thanks a lot.

Gerald