Checking Sound Input Availability at Microphone.

Discussion in 'Java' started by NightCrawler, Feb 12, 2008.

  1. NightCrawler

    NightCrawler Guest

    Hi,
    I am doing a project in which I need to deal with Sound input/
    output.
    I am able to play a wave file, and also able to take input from the
    microphone and play it back.
    To play live data I just keep on dumping the bytes read from
    microphone to a stream, and then play it as required. It doesn't
    mater
    that if mic is really getting input or the person holding mic is
    silent.
    Now my problem is, after starting the TargetDataLine, as soon
    as that
    person starts speaking/making some sound, I need to do somethings, I
    am stuck a bit here, not able to find any event that will tell me so,
    plz help me.
    I'll be Thankful for the solution...
    Tags: Java Sound, Microphone,
    NightCrawler, Feb 12, 2008

  2. NightCrawler

    NightCrawler Guest

    Hey Guys Plz help me...
    NightCrawler, Feb 14, 2008

  3. NightCrawler

    Mark Space Guest

    NightCrawler wrote:
    > Hey Guys Plz help me...

    I don't remember seeing anything like this in the API. You likely have
    to fill buffers (a Clip class, if I remember correctly) and scan the
    contents yourself for whether anything was record in the buffer that you
    want to hear and transmit.
    Mark Space, Feb 14, 2008