ChiPy (Special) Meeting, Tuesday 14th 5:30 pm.

Discussion in 'Python' started by bray@sent.com, Nov 7, 2006.

  1. Guest

    NOTE: This is a special meeting on next Tuesday in addition to our
    normal Thursday meeting. Attend both, if you can.

    Tuesday. November 14 2006. 5:30 pm.

    Topics
    ------

    Ed Leaf on Dabo is an open-source framework for developing desktop
    (i.e., rich client) applications in Python.

    Details
    =======

    Dabo is an open-source framework for developing desktop (i.e., rich
    client) applications in Python. Its primary target is the group of
    developers who come from a background in the proprietary
    Microsoft-centric tools, such as Visual FoxPro and Visual Basic, but it
    also targets Delphi, Filemaker, and other desktop application
    development systems who want rich client applications that run
    unmodified on Windows, Linux and OS X.

    The focus of the talk will be on the visual tools available in Dabo to
    help you quickly develop serious database applications in Python. Parts
    of the talk will also be directed toward existing wxPython developers
    who love the results of working with that UI toolkit, but who hate the
    non-Pythonic interface.

    Location
    --------

    Monadnock Building at 53 W. Jackson in downtown Chicago:
    Conference Room 826.

    Alternatively, if we need more space, we will relocate to the restaurant
    on the first floor: http://www.cavanaughschicago.com. We will leave a
    note with the gaurd in case we relocate.

    RSVP to carl at personnelware.com

    Stay tuned to the mailing list for more details.

    About ChiPy

    ---

    , Nov 7, 2006