chm file for download?

John Salerno

Is the chm doc file available for download from the Python website? I can't
seem to find it. It would be nice to read through while I'm at work (where I
don't have Python installed).

Also, is it possible to use a chm file on Linux?

Thanks.

Mike Driscoll

Is the chm doc file available for download from the Python website? I can't
seem to find it. It would be nice to read through while I'm at work (where I
don't have Python installed).

Also, is it possible to use a chm file on Linux?

Thanks.

Looks like the chm file is in the Documentation section on the main
download page:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5.2/

Direct link:

http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.5.2/Python25.chm

See Google for reading chm files on Linux...or you can check out this
link I found through Google:

http://ayaz.wordpress.com/2006/10/27/reading-chm-chm-files-on-linux/

Mike

member thudfoo

Is the chm doc file available for download from the Python website? I can't
seem to find it. It would be nice to read through while I'm at work (where I
don't have Python installed).

Also, is it possible to use a chm file on Linux?
[...]

I am using xCHM on SuSE 10.2: iirc, there were components I had to
find in order to build it.

I just downloaded and installed kchmviewer (
http://www.kchmviewer.net/) without incident. My initial reaction is
that kchmviewer is better in at least two significant ways: it uses
the same number of lines per scroll wheel movement as other
applications (xCHM uses more, unconfigurable afaik); kchmviewer moves
the page to the indexed item in the page (xCHM just shows the the top
of the page leaving the user to locate the item in the page).