    I want to know whitch of them fit for image processing better.
    Or have other choices?

    Any suggestion whill be appreciated.
    Guch, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Guch

    benben Guest

    Re: Choosing a matrix library for image processing. Blitz++,MTL orothers?

    Guch wrote:
    > I'll swictch from Matlab to C++. So I want to find a matrix library of
    > C++, Whitch can process images conveniently as Matlab does.
    >
    > I've googled, and found that Blitz++ and MTL are popular and powerful.
    > I want to know whitch of them fit for image processing better.
    > Or have other choices?
    >

    > Any suggestion whill be appreciated.

    Both.
    benben, Mar 22, 2006

  3. Guch

    Guch Guest

    Both?
    But their function are mostly the same.
    Guch, Mar 22, 2006
  4. Guch

    Guest

    , Mar 22, 2006
  5. Guch

    Guch Guest

    What's adobe gil's advantage over Blitz++?
    Is it efficient enough?
    Guch, Mar 22, 2006
  6. gil is specialized for images so there are functions which blitz does
    not have (all the color stuff). I don't know the internals of gil (does
    it use expression templates?). But if you ask there on the mailing list
    or the forum I'm sure they'll aswer all you questions.

    When you only need standard image manipulations I assume gil is the
    better choice, but if you wanna implement complicated image
    manipulation algorithms, then maybe blitz is better because it was
    designed to make the implementation of complex calculations more
    convenient than unsing pure C.
    =?iso-8859-1?q?Peter_K=FCmmel?=, Mar 22, 2006
  7. I remember that Intel also has some matrix library, optimized for Intel
    processors (SIMD). I don't know what are the constrains from platform
    portability point of view...

    Catalin
    Catalin Pitis, Mar 22, 2006