Chord Protocol with java rmi

Engeltje

Hi everybody,
Can someone tell me how I can find something useful for create a
chord protocol for a peer to peer applicaction using java rmi?
thanks in advance!

Christian

Engeltje said:
Hi everybody,
Can someone tell me how I can find something useful for create a
chord protocol for a peer to peer applicaction using java rmi?
thanks in advance!

I don't think that rmi might be the method of choice for this. Rather
implement your own Aplication protocol on top of TCP or use Java's
serialization.
And why Chord, being nostalgic?

Christian

Tobias Ginzler

Hi everybody,
I don't think that rmi might be the method of choice for this. Rather
implement your own Aplication protocol on top of TCP or use Java's
serialization.
And why Chord, being nostalgic?

Christian

I would prefer Kademlia or a variant of it. There a two major implementation
in java for it:
1. mojito from the limewire project
2. azureus and its DHT library.

By the way, does anybody knows an Kad or DHT implementation for Java ME?

Greetings
Tobias

Christian

Tobias said:
I would prefer Kademlia or a variant of it. There a two major
implementation in java for it:
1. mojito from the limewire project
2. azureus and its DHT library.

By the way, does anybody knows an Kad or DHT implementation for Java ME?

Greetings
Tobias
But why implement something older than Kademlia.
After all the people that invented Chord gave it up because their own
invention Koorde was a better DHT.

and I know of no implementations for Java ME

Christian

Engeltje

I don't think that rmi might be the method of choice for this. Rather
implement your own Aplication protocol on top of TCP or use Java's
serialization.
And why Chord, being nostalgic?

Christian

Thx to answer me....the problem is that my teacher assigned me this
project...and ask me for using rmi approach...and I have just 6 days
to finish it!!! I'm so confused!!!:-(
angelo

Evans.Notcker

Hi Tobias Ginzler,

Did you some experients in Azeureus DHT library. I'm working with
Openchord (is impléméntation of Chord DHT) and it found that it's not
working well.

I need one good implementation of Chord DHT in java to test some of my
research results by building another layer on it .

Thanks

Joined
Sep 10, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I'am french student in networking and i must write an application using Kademlia in Java. But, we have just begin java... That's why i search "magic" class for Kademlia...

Do you know any examples of Kademlia java class ?

Thanks,
Yo

Joined
Mar 19, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi ,

I've started learning about chord protocol and would like to visualize how it works. Please can some one let me know if there is any software available through which i can implement the protocol on my laptop!! please help!!