Clasic ASP Connection String

Prabhat Nath

Hi All,

I have BIG Problem in ASP.

I have a ADO Connection that I Want to Connect to DBASE IV.

The DBASE Database is located in anothe system then the IIS System in the
Network.

When I Try the Connection String:
ConStr = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source = \\raddb\dbase\;
Extended Properties = DBASE IV; User ID=Admin;Password="

I get ERROR "is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled
correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file
resides."

But When I Try the DB in same system that works fine. I am Confused If the
way I used to connecto to Networked SYstem is Correct?

Please Help
Prabhat

Prabhat

Hi,

But in that website there is no Info about the Natwork PATH DBASE
Files/Database.

Thanks
Prabhat

Prabhat

Hi,

I Think U R Correct. Because the Same Connection String WORKS Fine If I run
that from a VB Application. But NOT from a ASP Application.

Can U Give me some link for Clasic ASP News Groups Please?

Thanks
Prabhat

Prabhat

Thanks,

But I Think there is Some Other Problem Because the Same Connection String
WORKS Fine If I run that from a VB Application. But NOT from a ASP
Application.

Thanks
Prabhat

Juan T. Llibre

Why are you asking ans ASP question
in the ASP.NET newsgroups ?

Try asking your questions about ASP databases in
the microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db newsgroup
on this same server.

Hans Kesting

Prabhat said:
Hi,

I Think U R Correct. Because the Same Connection String WORKS Fine If I run
that from a VB Application. But NOT from a ASP Application.

the VB application runs under your account (current user),
the ASP application uses it's own (low permissions) account.
One of the limits is "no network access" !

Prabhat

HI,

I think U R in the Point. But CAn U Tell me How can I make use of the
Network Resources like Network Path in ASP using that IUSER_ Account?

I Think There must be some way for that. Please Suggest.

Thanks
Prabhat

Patrice

The article I mentionned suggest to create the same IUSR account on the
target machine with the same password and to give this account the right.
Using the same password will make both accounts considered as identical.

Another way would be to change IIS settings and use a domain account so that
you can give rights on the other machine to this account...

Patrice

Prabhat

Hi,

U R Correct. Thanks