Class Diagram

A.M

Hi,

I am looking for a Diagram that visually shows how
System.Web.HttpApplication class contains System.Web.UI.Page classes and how
they interact together. I am trying to underestand the class architecture of
ASP.NET.

Can anybody refer me to a link or resource related to that ?

Any help would be apprecited,
Ali

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Ali,

Thank you for using Microsoft Newsgroup Service. My name is Steven, and
I'll be assisting you on this issue.
From your description, you are looking for some Visual Diagrams such as
Class Diagram or Flow Diagram to illustrate the ASP.NET architecutre and
the way how those ASP.NET runtime components(HttpRuntime,
..HttpApplication,....HttpHandler..) interact with each other?

Based on my research, there are many tech articles discussing with the
ASP.NET runtime and some of the runtime components separately just as the
ones Teemu provided. Also, it seems that few of them provide some detailed
visual diagram. So I've searched some pattern discussion tech articles on
these topics and here is some of my findings:

#THE factory pattern in ASP.NET architecture
http://www.msdnaa.net/Resources/display.aspx?ResID=2207

#inside IIS and ASP.NET
http://www.theserverside.net/articles/article.aspx?l=IIS_ASP

#Exploring the Factory Design Pattern
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/
factopattern.asp

There're several Visual Diagrams in them, and most of them illustrate the
ASP.NET runtime components and relation ship from the Pattern area, hope
they are helpful to you.

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security