clc-wiki.net status?

Richard Heathfield

Keith Thompson said:
The last few times I've tried to visit www.clc-wiki.net, it's appeared
to be down. Does anyone know what the status is?

Currently down, by the look of it.

Frankly, I sympathise. Often enough to be a real nuisance, my ISP (the
estimable BT) changes my IP address on me, unannounced, which means my Web
site stops working until I happen to notice that something's wrong and go
patch up the Web forwarding.

Since *my* browsers never have any trouble finding 127.0.0.1, I sometimes
don't notice for days that my Web site is effectively down.

Clever Monkey

Richard said:
Keith Thompson said:

Currently down, by the look of it.

Frankly, I sympathise. Often enough to be a real nuisance, my ISP (the
estimable BT) changes my IP address on me, unannounced, which means my Web
site stops working until I happen to notice that something's wrong and go
patch up the Web forwarding.

Since *my* browsers never have any trouble finding 127.0.0.1, I sometimes
don't notice for days that my Web site is effectively down.
Someone needs a static IP for Christmas.

Mark McIntyre

Keith Thompson said:

Currently down, by the look of it.

Frankly, I sympathise. Often enough to be a real nuisance, my ISP (the
estimable BT) changes my IP address on me, unannounced, which means my Web
site stops working until I happen to notice that something's wrong and go
patch up the Web forwarding.

If you use dyndns.org or similar to provide dns, you can run ddclient
on the server to automatically keep your dns entries updated. There
/are/ windows versions of ddclient but you're probably running a linux
server.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan