cleaning up html code

edgy

Hi,

because I've been trying to prepare a long table of information from an
Excel file for the Web, I've used a number of editors to work on the list
(well, Excel, Word, and NVU). I guess, looking back, this was a bad idea as
the code is now an absolute mess - the text sizes are all over the place
(i.e. will look fine in any of the editors but then multiple sizes in a web
browser).

Specifically, one of the programs seems to have inserted <h2> </h2> around
about half of the entries (lets say about 100). There are also some other
size-related codes inserted that I'd like to remove. NVU has an option to
remove all style info, but there are links, anchors, and bold/italics
information that I don't want to lose. Without hand-deleting all this
business, is there a (text-editing or html) program that has functions like

delete all occurances of the following "<h2>

?

thanks for any advice.

Jonathan N. Little

edgy said:
[...]

All the miracle tool "search and replace" on just about every text
editor. Search for "<h2>" replace with "" then search for "</h2>"
replace with "". Very low-tech...

edgy

Jonathan N. Little said:
All the miracle tool "search and replace" on just about every text editor.
Search for "<h2>" replace with "" then search for "</h2>" replace with "".
Very low-tech...

I knew it would be something simple!

Thank-you Jonathan...