client side access.

kishor

hi,
i have used Page.RegisterHiddenField to implement some client side
functinality in my application. after the page is loaded I have manuplated
value of the hidden field using javascript. now how will i get the changed
value on server side. can any one let me know. I have earlier trie with by
using sever textbox control. is this possible.

Kishor

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

If you set the hidden textbox to runat="server" then you can access it from
your server code just as if it were a normal textbox web control.

kishor

Hi,
Thanxs for your reply.. actually I have tried tht only as my fist step but I
ended in so many problems. I am writing a code for a custom control. (this is
composed control not a rendered). and code is written on onprerender event.
here control throws a editable div; which contents I have to capture at
server side. I have added a code for adding textbox to controls collection
and control is visible. at client side using javascript I am able to copy
contents of div to tht added textbox. but tht text box is also loosing its
contents. and not getting at serverside.

Regards,
Kishor