Client-side validation in Windows 2003

Guest

Hello all,

Somone kindly help me with this problem, PLEASE!

I have simple page with
- a textbox
- a requiredfieldvalidator validating the textbox
- a normal push button
- a link button
I am running Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition, with all the latest
service packs and updates. Framework 1.1.

If I set the validator to not do client side validation, both buttons
postback fine, evidenced by their displaying respective messages from the
server side. However, when I put on client side validation, the push button
doesn't do a thing - no postback. The link button continues to work as before.

Anybody encountered this before? Help me please.

Guest

ASP.Net 2.0 allows such a situation (using ValidationGroup property of
control), but in this case I think there is some problem in your code. Give
us a piece of it!