From: Fredrik Lundh [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: 12 November 2006 12:50
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Re: Close program built with py2exe

Steve said:
I've got a problem with a program I've written and want to distribute.
It uses a wxPython dialog and I've built a distribution version with py2exe.
Problem is when I run the .exe under windows I can only stop the
program completely using the task manager. When I close the dialog and
check the task manager, there is still a running process. I think this
is probably the python interpreter that is still running.

Can't find any help anywhere, does anyone know how to get the dialog
to kill the process properly??

have you checked if any exceptions occur during application shutdown?

it could be that the GUI toolkit manages to remove all windows, but that
something goes wrong at the application level before the GUI gets around
to shut down the message loop.

</F>