Close RS... "DLLHOST.EXE"

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Graham Mattingley, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Hello Group,

    I have had an issue on my server for a long time and what ever I have tryed
    I just cant fix it.

    I run mySQL and IIS, and my server will crash every few days because a file
    on the server called DLLHOST.EXE has taken all the memory, and the mySQL
    goes off line.

    I close all of the record sets, and all of the Text files I read, as below

    ========
    set fso = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")
    set act = fso.opentextfile(server.mappath ("/counters/year_count-"&
    year(date())&".txt"))
    countery = clng(act.readline)
    countery = countery + 1
    act.close
    fso.close
    ========
    ============
    strQuery = "SELECT * FROM category WHERE CATEGORY_ID='"&top_id&"';"
    Set rscateinfo = adoConn.Execute(strQuery)

    Do While Not rscateinfo.EOF

    leveltop=rscateinfo("name").Value
    leveltopurl=rscateinfo("link_url").Value

    rscateinfo.MoveNext
    loop
    rscateinfo.close
    set rscateinfo = Nothing
    =============

    each page I open the DLLHOST.EXE will will grow anything upto 150K per
    page.. in the SQL example above the table for category has 35 columns, would
    it make any differnace to memory if I selected the fields rather than all of
    the fields from the in SELECT * FROM

    The only solution I can come up with now is to buy more memory, but I am
    sure I must be doing someting wrong.

    Do I have to close the varables I have opened to stop this memory leek ????

    Kind Regards

    Graham Mattingley

    Graham Mattingley, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Graham Mattingley

    vivek Guest

    Make sure you close all the objects you are opening, dllhost.exe is nothing
    but the one which actually runs your asp. so there should be something wrong
    in the asp code thats causing load on that file.

    "Graham Mattingley" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Group,
    >
    > I have had an issue on my server for a long time and what ever I have

    tryed
    > I just cant fix it.
    >
    > I run mySQL and IIS, and my server will crash every few days because a

    file
    > on the server called DLLHOST.EXE has taken all the memory, and the mySQL
    > goes off line.
    >
    > I close all of the record sets, and all of the Text files I read, as below
    >
    > ========
    > set fso = createobject("scripting.filesystemobject")
    > set act = fso.opentextfile(server.mappath ("/counters/year_count-"&
    > year(date())&".txt"))
    > countery = clng(act.readline)
    > countery = countery + 1
    > act.close
    > fso.close
    > ========
    > ============
    > strQuery = "SELECT * FROM category WHERE CATEGORY_ID='"&top_id&"';"
    > Set rscateinfo = adoConn.Execute(strQuery)
    >
    > Do While Not rscateinfo.EOF
    >
    > leveltop=rscateinfo("name").Value
    > leveltopurl=rscateinfo("link_url").Value
    >
    > rscateinfo.MoveNext
    > loop
    > rscateinfo.close
    > set rscateinfo = Nothing
    > =============
    >
    > each page I open the DLLHOST.EXE will will grow anything upto 150K per
    > page.. in the SQL example above the table for category has 35 columns,

    would
    > it make any differnace to memory if I selected the fields rather than all

    of
    > the fields from the in SELECT * FROM
    >
    > The only solution I can come up with now is to buy more memory, but I am
    > sure I must be doing someting wrong.
    >
    > Do I have to close the varables I have opened to stop this memory leek

    ????

    vivek, Aug 8, 2003

  3. Graham Mattingley

    Bob Barrows Guest

    I don't see any code to close and destroy your connections. That needs to be
    done as well.

    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Thanks for that reply.....

    I have a few 100 ASP pages on my server, is the DLLHOST.EXE file supposed to
    grow in size at all, I have closed all of the objects and connections, and
    when I refresh the same page 10 times, the file will grow by a 125K per
    refresh

    is the ASP complied page cached in the DLLHOST.EXE file ??

    Kind Regards

    Graham Mattingley

    Graham Mattingley, Aug 8, 2003