Codepage problem

Daatmor

I saved my aspx with Encoding (Chinese Tranditional (Big5) - Codepage 950)
and I had set codepage="950" in Page tag. The content rendered incorrect
(all text changed to symbols), but some content those read from xml file
works correct.

How can I fix this problem?
Thanks

Azat

Do you use a "Web.config" file? Try to set "requestEncoding" and
"responseEncoding" in that file.

Azat

Daatmor

Hi Azat,

Thanks for your help, its works.
But my site contains english pages and chinese pages. If set
"requestEncoding" and "responseEncoding" in "Web.config", all page will
encoded with Chinese Tranditional (Big5). English viewers will show
"download IE chinese language pack" dialog box when they browsing english
pages.
I tried set 'ResponseEncoding="Big5"' in each chinese page's @page tag,
but chinese characters cannot works correct. In @page tag, "requestEncoding"
property cannot be specified. Where can I set "requestEncoding" for certain
page? or has any other solutions?
Thanks

Hugo

Daatmor

Dear Azat

I found solution:
I can add a new "Web.config" in my chinese pages folder. It just
contains following codes:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<globalization requestEncoding="Big5" responseEncoding="Big5"
fileEncoding="Big5" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

But if chinese pages and english pages stored in same folder, above
method cannot work.

Regards,
Hugo

Joerg Jooss

Daatmor said:
Dear Azat

I found solution:
I can add a new "Web.config" in my chinese pages folder. It just
contains following codes:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<globalization requestEncoding="Big5" responseEncoding="Big5"
fileEncoding="Big5" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

But if chinese pages and english pages stored in same folder, above
method cannot work.

Why not use a code set that covers both Latin and Chinese characters,
i.e. Unicode? You can use UTF-16 or UTF-8 as request and response
encoding here for example.

Cheers,