    everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

    My tables are logically correct but do not render the way they should.

    Thanks for your help.
    Bruce W...1, Oct 22, 2003

  2. Bruce W...1

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:53:44 -0400, "Bruce W...1" <>
    wrote:

    : Can anyone refer me to an article on how IE renders columns and rows in
    : a table? I'm trying to setup a complicated table. I've never had a
    : problem with colspan (column spanning) but when I start using rowspan
    : everything goes to hell in a handbasket.
    :
    : My tables are logically correct but do not render the way they should.

    Never seen IE render rowspans differently. URL?

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Oct 22, 2003

  3. Bruce W...1 wrote:

    > Can anyone refer me to an article on how IE renders columns and rows
    > in
    > a table? I'm trying to setup a complicated table. I've never had a
    > problem with colspan (column spanning) but when I start using
    > rowspan everything goes to hell in a handbasket.
    >
    > My tables are logically correct but do not render the way they
    > should.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    I use both rowspan and colspan and have not had any problem when
    checking the code on 5 diffent browsers.
    Then I saw my page on someones Microsoft Internet Explorer. This
    was on a system that was less than one year old. The colspan would
    not work. They need to fix it.
    I also noted other very basic items that Microsoft Internet
    Explorer did not do right. I just do not recomend using it.
    --
    Jerry Perkins
    http://www.jperkins.us/
    Jerry Perkins, Oct 22, 2003