    as in a table one would simply use rowspan=2.

    I can possibly see using two boxes and floating those.
    Is there a simpler way?

    richard, Oct 9, 2008

  2. richard wrote:
    > In tables one can easily split cells to span across columns or rows.
    > In divisions, column spanning is fairly easy.
    > So how the hell does one span a row?
    >
    > Given your standard 3 column division you have this problem:
    > In column 1 the data cell needs to be as high as two data cells in
    > column 2 and 3.
    >
    > as in a table one would simply use rowspan=2.
    >
    > I can possibly see using two boxes and floating those.
    > Is there a simpler way?

    Haven't you ask this several times? As I recall in each instance a table
    was more appropriate for the data.

    <head>
    <title>template</title>

    div.momma { background: #eee; width: 20em; overflow: auto; }
    div.momma div { width: 10em; float: right; clear: right; }
    div.momma div.jonnie { background: #ffd; }
    div.momma div.suzie { background: #dff; }

    </head>

    This is the containing DIV parent 'momma'

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO