Splitting divisions like in rowspan

richard

In tables one can easily split cells to span across columns or rows.
In divisions, column spanning is fairly easy.
So how the hell does one span a row?

Given your standard 3 column division you have this problem:
In column 1 the data cell needs to be as high as two data cells in
column 2 and 3.

as in a table one would simply use rowspan=2.

I can possibly see using two boxes and floating those.
Is there a simpler way?

Jonathan N. Little

richard said:
In tables one can easily split cells to span across columns or rows.
In divisions, column spanning is fairly easy.
So how the hell does one span a row?

Given your standard 3 column division you have this problem:
In column 1 the data cell needs to be as high as two data cells in
column 2 and 3.

as in a table one would simply use rowspan=2.

I can possibly see using two boxes and floating those.
Is there a simpler way?

Haven't you ask this several times? As I recall in each instance a table
was more appropriate for the data.

<head>
<title>template</title>

div.momma { background: #eee; width: 20em; overflow: auto; }
div.momma div { width: 10em; float: right; clear: right; }
div.momma div.jonnie { background: #ffd; }
div.momma div.suzie { background: #dff; }

</head>

This is the containing DIV parent 'momma'