COM and asp.net

Steve

Firstly let me say I am not sure if this is an ASP.NET,
com interop problem or a com problem.

I have a web application that uses a exe server com object
through the com interop.
When the web application is using NT authentication only a
limited number of instances of the
com server can be instantiated before the server returns
an error message (failed to start instance of server).
The problem is that this limit is sometimes reached before
the garbage collector has collected the unused
instances of the com server. I have tried forcing a
garbage collection but of course that really isn't
good enough because that doesn't guarantee to collect the
objects.
The actual number of com objects instantiated before I get
this problem is about 18 (which if you look at
the memory used by each one appears to indiacte a 64k
limit of some sort).

The com server object is written in Visual basic and the
class is specified as Multiuse.

Any ideas or suggestions would be good.

Steve

Shan

Do you Clean your COM objects using
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject
(<COM Object Name>) ??

Thanks,
-Shan

Guest

No, but the objects do all get cleaned up eventually.
I can try adding this to see if they clean up more
promptly.
Howerver, the main problem is the limiting number I can
instantiate at one time (in other words I can't be limited
to just 18 users at once!)

Steve