    object every time the vbscript code is called.

    I am wrong with this approach?

    Berlin Brown
    bigbinc, Jul 24, 2003

  2. On 24 Jul 2003 15:02:37 -0700, (bigbinc) wrote:

    >I need an example or approach for creating a server in windows that
    >loads a dll that is about 5MB and I use the dll to interact with
    >different websites through a servlet connection or whatever. It
    >probably needs to be C++ as opposed to java because it is loading COM
    >objects?

    That's partially on-topic. Yes, COM is a technology that was
    originally developed with C++ in mind. Yes, at least one year
    ago Java-to-COM connectivity was still less than perfect, whereas
    C++ gives you full control (and also a lot of complexity!).

    <OT>
    [...]
    >I could have created a simple asp page or servlet, as opposed to a
    >whole server, but like I said, the asp page would have to create a 5MB
    >object every time the vbscript code is called.
    >
    >I am wrong with this approach?

    If it's true as you say here that a 5 MB object would have to be created
    very often then yes, you're wrong. But if, on the other hand, it's true
    as you indicate earlier that the DLL that implements this object is 5 MB,
    then it would be a great coincidence if also each object were 5 MB, and
    so I suspect that you're simply a bit confused about this. Why don't
    you _measure_?
    </OT>
    Alf P. Steinbach, Jul 24, 2003