COM in a Web Service

Louis Erickson

Hello,

I am trying to build a C# Web Service that will accept an
XML file and call a COM interface passing in the XML
file. Sounds simple, but I am having trouble finding
information on how to call a COM interface from within
the Web Service. I am new to .NET web services. Any
advice or directions to help would be appreciated.

Louis

Arthur Nesterovsky

Hi,
information on how to call a COM interface from within
the Web Service. I am new to .NET web services. Any
advice or directions to help would be appreciated.

There are no specific diferences how to call COM objects
from any .NET application including web services (this is
right at least for C#). May be just access rights of ASPNET
user a bit strict then rights of any login user or system user.

Take a look at "Interoperating with Unmanaged Code" topic
in MSDN to clarify how to implement interoperaton in .NET.