Com port weirdness.

Arinté

I have java installed on a xp machine in the same partition as my windows
directory.

I am doing some Com port programming and what I have noticed is that if I
just do something simple like:
Enumeration en = CommPortIdentifier.getPortIdentifiers();
while ( en.hasMoreElements() )
System.out.println( ((CommPortIdentifier)en.nextElement()).getName() );

If I run this from the DOS Prompt
"C:\" it will show all of the com ports
but if I switch to "d:\" none are shown at all.

Has anyone seen this problem? Any solutions? Any problems with my config
even though I don't give much?

Knute Johnson

?

Has anyone seen this problem? Any solutions? Any problems with my config
even though I don't give much?

No. No. ?

Do you mean it won't run if you put the class file on d:? Are you
getting an error message?