COM+ question

olsen.chris

I am passing parameters to a dataccess COM+ object so I needed to
create a serializable class that would allow me to do this, which I
did.

Does this class have to inherit from the ServicedComponent class?

If I do not inherit from the ServicedComponent class I get a "COM
Interop registration failed. Could not find a type library for assembly
'DatabaseParameter'."

If I do inherit from the class I get an error that says

C:\Documents and Settings\chris.olsen\My Documents\Visual Studio
Projects\LABCOM\NUnitTests\ExecuteNonQuery_Tests.vb(300): Value of type
'1-dimensional array of ABLearning.DatabaseParameter' cannot be
converted to '1-dimensional array of ABLearning.DatabaseParameter'
because 'ABLearning.DatabaseParameter' is not derived from
'ABLearning.DatabaseParameter'.

The above is the wierd part since it is having problems converting
DatabaseParameter to DatabaseParameter

If I go with the second altenative what is the proper way to reference
the dll's? Currently I am addin the dll's as references that reside in
the ProgramFiles\COM+Applications\LABCOM folder. Since the dataaccess
(LABCOM) contains the DatabaseParameter class as arguements a copy of
the DatabaseParameter class is also created in the same folder.

I really need some help on this one. Thanks

cbDevelopment

The classes you pass to COM+ as parameters should not inherit from
servicedcomponent. Obviously any other classes these parameters
reference to need to be serializable.

I would also make sure you are using an unchanging version number for
your projects (not 1.0.*, but 1.0.0.0)

--
----
700cb Development, Inc.