combine pages for printer-friendly version

melinama

Hello,
New member here. I've read about how to have two style sheets, one for
the "print" version, and how to have the "print" version open in a
second window so user can see what it will look like.

What I wonder: how to combine subpages so they all appear one after
another and can be printed out as part of one document. Can this be
done?

Thanks

carolyn

melinama said:
Hello,
New member here. I've read about how to have two style sheets, one for
the "print" version, and how to have the "print" version open in a
second window so user can see what it will look like.

What I wonder: how to combine subpages so they all appear one after
another and can be printed out as part of one document. Can this be
done?

Thanks

There is probably a better way, but I don't know it. I would make a
'printer friendly' version of the series of pages, with a link to it from
each page. Something like a [Print entire document] button. That can be
the same as your original document, except it isn't broken into a series of
pages. The user can then print a single page, or the entire document - and
technically you could set it up so they could also view the entire document
rather than only being able to read it a page at a time.

Carolyn

Nico Schuyt

melinama said:
New member here. I've read about how to have two style sheets, one for
the "print" version, and how to have the "print" version open in a
second window so user can see what it will look like.

No print version and no second window.
In the head section of the page:
[CSS for the screen and print]
[CSS for print only; normallly: change width; suppress elements that are
not important; change font]

Jonathan N. Little

melinama said:
Hello,
New member here. I've read about how to have two style sheets, one for
the "print" version, and how to have the "print" version open in a
second window so user can see what it will look like.

What I wonder: how to combine subpages so they all appear one after
another and can be printed out as part of one document. Can this be
done?

Not with HTML. From your question what you are looking at is some CMS
whereby all your website's content is served from a database. Then for
printing a whole section your CMS script would have to build the
printable section by parsing the whole "branch" of the selected section
of your website's document tree...