    another and can be printed out as part of one document. Can this be
    done?

    Thanks
    melinama, Nov 9, 2006

  2. melinama

    carolyn Guest

    melinama wrote:

    > Hello,
    > New member here. I've read about how to have two style sheets, one for
    > the "print" version, and how to have the "print" version open in a
    > second window so user can see what it will look like.
    >
    > What I wonder: how to combine subpages so they all appear one after
    > another and can be printed out as part of one document. Can this be
    > done?
    >
    > Thanks

    There is probably a better way, but I don't know it. I would make a
    'printer friendly' version of the series of pages, with a link to it from
    each page. Something like a [Print entire document] button. That can be
    the same as your original document, except it isn't broken into a series of
    pages. The user can then print a single page, or the entire document - and
    technically you could set it up so they could also view the entire document
    rather than only being able to read it a page at a time.

    Carolyn
    --
    Carolyn Marenger
    carolyn, Nov 9, 2006

  3. melinama

    Nico Schuyt Guest

    melinama wrote:
    > New member here. I've read about how to have two style sheets, one for
    > the "print" version, and how to have the "print" version open in a
    > second window so user can see what it will look like.

    No print version and no second window.
    In the head section of the page:
    [CSS for the screen and print]
    [CSS for print only; normallly: change width; suppress elements that are
    not important; change font]

    --
    Nico Schuyt
    http://www.nicoschuyt.nl/
    Nico Schuyt, Nov 9, 2006
  4. melinama wrote:
    > Hello,
    > New member here. I've read about how to have two style sheets, one for
    > the "print" version, and how to have the "print" version open in a
    > second window so user can see what it will look like.
    >
    > What I wonder: how to combine subpages so they all appear one after
    > another and can be printed out as part of one document. Can this be
    > done?

    Not with HTML. From your question what you are looking at is some CMS
    whereby all your website's content is served from a database. Then for
    printing a whole section your CMS script would have to build the
    printable section by parsing the whole "branch" of the selected section
    of your website's document tree...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan