CommConnection, Serial port. Nokia.

Boki

Hi All,

I am using CommConnection to control COM port. ( to control physical
COM port, not Bluetooth COM port )

I am using Nokia N80 phone, this is S60 3rd edition firmware, and I
have upgrade it to latest version.

I use the CA-53 USB cable, should I change to other version ? (ex: DK-
U2 )

I download the serial port sample code from Nokia, it runs correctly
on emulator, however, it doesn't luck on N80, I use another phone -
Nokia E61, the result is the same, pretty bad.

When I perform the java program, after phone ask " permit user using
the io connection ?" when I press "yes" ( code runs to open com
port ), it will be terminated immediately.

I try to modify the com port number from 0 to 1, the program won't
close now, however, I still can't access any TX or RX data. ( and
phone will hang when I exit program )

The all test results are all the same on E61.

So far, I only saw a post that described it works on Dopod 818, Is
there any one can access Nokia's com port by Java ( or C is still deep
appreciate!! )

Thank you very much!

Boki.

[...]

Here is the source code URL: