compilation error only in published version (converted to asp.net 2.0)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rsphere@gmail.com, Jan 10, 2006.

  1. Guest

    my app is running just fine on my home dev box. no compilation errors
    at all. when i move the whole file structure to my hosted site i get
    the following error when opening the main page:

    ----------
    required to service this request. Please review the following specific
    error details and modify your source code appropriately.

    Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'Subodei.Database.History'
    exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    ASP.NET
    Files\spherop_globalphatness\e1f1b599\c5add1ce\App_Code.pqe5fcz6.dll'
    and 'c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\spherop_globalphatness\e1f1b599\c5add1ce\assembly\dl3\c59b5d0c\f0c309bc_9f14c601\Subodei.DLL'

    Source Error:

    Line 55: private void DisplaySnapshot()
    Line 56: {
    Line 57: History history = new History();

    any ideas on what's happening here?
    , Jan 10, 2006

  2. Hi,

    the Subodei.Database.History class is found in two assemblies. One
    compiled from the app_code folder inside Visual Studio 2005. The other
    might be left over from porting your application to ASP.NET 2.0. Is it
    possible you reference the Subodei.Database DLL? If you do, and also
    have the History class in app_code, it might be present two times at
    runtime. Throw one away, probably the old one found in the
    Subodei.Database dll (if that DLL actually exists, I am guessing here).
    Clear the Temporary ASP.NET folder
    (c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0\)

    Grtz, Wouter van Vugt
    www.infosupport.com
    Wouter van Vugt, Jan 10, 2006