Compiler Error: [No relevant source lines]

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by clintonG, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file
    'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\MyProjectName\331c872a\fd27ed37\App_Code.wg0_ken7.dll' could not be
    found

    [No relevant source lines]

    That's the only error I get when VS2005 goes boom. This is really bugging me
    big time as I often have to reboot several times a day because VS2005 will
    not compile the page and locks the directory where the temporary files are
    located so I can't delete without rebooting the computer before I can delete
    the temporary files directory to get back to work.

    I've briefly discussed this a week or so ago and still no pertinent
    information or any means to avoid having to reboot has come forth. I can't
    cope with having to reboot the entire machine every time my code has an
    error in it and I can't justify rebuilding an entire new disk at the moment.

    I wonder if anybody understands what is going on and how it may be resolved.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    URL http://metromilwaukee.com/
    clintonG, Jan 14, 2006

  2. clintonG

    Jim Cheshire Guest

    clintonG wrote:
    > Compiler Error Message: CS0006: Metadata file
    > 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
    > Files\MyProjectName\331c872a\fd27ed37\App_Code.wg0_ken7.dll' could
    > not be found

    Clinton,

    Why don't you open a case with Microsoft? I'm sure our guys can figure that
    out.

    --
    Jim Cheshire
    ================================

    Latest entry:
    Getting the PID and TID of a COM Call

    Describes how to get the PID of the
    dllhost process a COM call is executing
    in and how to locate the thread as well.
    Jim Cheshire, Jan 14, 2006

  3. clintonG

    clintonG Guest

    I may do that but my last experience with "the guys" was even worse than the
    problem and it had something to do with 2.0 I might add. I've got Filemon
    running and in a day or so if it doesn't give me any clues at least it might
    prove useful if I open an incident.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher

    clintonG, Jan 14, 2006
  4. clintonG

    mrbongo

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Incredibly helpful there

    Apologies for asking this but have you tried stopping the page from running by clicking in the system tray? You get this error when the code is still running.

    (Apologies if this is a stupid answer but I have to rule out the simple things first)
    mrbongo, Jun 15, 2007