Compiling GSL with MinGW - undefined reference

rhzehr

Hi,

I have been having an insane amount of trouble trying to compile a GNU
Scientific Library example with MinGW on WinXP. I have been able to
compile it fine on my linux box and on my windows machine with cygwin.
However, when I try to compile it with MinGW I keep getting this error:

undefined reference to 'gsl_sf_bessel_J0'

I have copied the GSL library files and header files from my cygwin
folders to the MinGW folders.

I eventually want to compile a dll for use with excel that solves
special functions like bessel and lambert.

Thank you,

Rob

Tim Prince

rhzehr said:
Hi,

I have been having an insane amount of trouble trying to compile a GNU
Scientific Library example with MinGW on WinXP. I have been able to
compile it fine on my linux box and on my windows machine with cygwin.
However, when I try to compile it with MinGW I keep getting this error:

undefined reference to 'gsl_sf_bessel_J0'
So you want the C standard, and the Microsoft libraries, amended on the spot
so you don't have to try Google to learn how?

Michael Mair

rhzehr said:
Hi,

I have been having an insane amount of trouble trying to compile a GNU
Scientific Library example with MinGW on WinXP. I have been able to
compile it fine on my linux box and on my windows machine with cygwin.
However, when I try to compile it with MinGW I keep getting this error:

undefined reference to 'gsl_sf_bessel_J0'

I have copied the GSL library files and header files from my cygwin
folders to the MinGW folders.

I eventually want to compile a dll for use with excel that solves
special functions like bessel and lambert.

Specific compiler-OS-library combinations are off-topic round here.
Try the GSL mailing list
(http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/help-gsl/) or some forum for
MinGW/gcc.

Try to find out more about the nature of your problem, i.e.
did you link against the GSL, did the linker find it at the
specified location, does this GSL contain gsl_sf_bessel_JO,
maybe rebuild the library.
And use google.

Cheers
Michael

Mark McIntyre

Hi,

I have been having an insane amount of trouble trying to compile a GNU
Scientific Library example with MinGW on WinXP. I have been able to
compile it fine on my linux box and on my windows machine with cygwin.
However, when I try to compile it with MinGW I keep getting this error:

undefined reference to 'gsl_sf_bessel_J0'

are you sure this isn't a link error? See FAQ entry 13.25
I have copied the GSL library files and header files from my cygwin
folders to the MinGW folders.

and did you link against the library? Normally you need to explicitly
do this. Ask in a MingW related group to find out how to do it.