Complex collobaration btw online access 2000 and local ACt! Contact Management System

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by jason, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. jason

    jason Guest

    I need some guidance and confirmation that a compex collobaration route btw
    my local contact management system (Act) and my online Access 2000
    application which allows new and existing contacts coming through the web to
    track multiple yachts. If you have the patience, here is the problem and
    solution:

    Problem: Allow users to track multiple yachts online. As I cannot do bulk
    emaling or sendqueing (too long) via my remote web host I am forced to look
    at 3rd party list server software or use an existing Act! add-on called
    e-blast to handle the mailings from within Act itself.

    The last options - after much research - seems applicable due to cost and
    complexity considerations. It may just be in the realm of my capabilities
    but I suspect this will be a complicated project. I need affirmation or
    guidance to re-adjust my approach: Thus:

    INVENTORY
    1. Create inventory section in Act. Add existing contacts/customers to
    groups related to the inventory.
    2. If administrator makes change to inventory (price, location or market
    status) trigger 3rd party e-blast bulk emailer and send notification to
    customer assigned to boat group. This could be scheduled to run each day and
    triggered after reading change reports.......and..
    *3* send duplicate email to specified email address on server eg:

    4. Use a COM on remote web host (it exists!) and read pop email at above
    server address at scheduled time each day to pick up ammendments to
    inventory.
    5. Cycle through ammendments
    6. Ammend online Access application (PageAlert) with inventroy changes.

    CUSTOMER
    1. Customer enters site.
    2. Customer (new | existing) - enters yachts to watch.
    3. Email notification sent to administrator inbox. She captures his data
    into act and automatically assigned to group(s) related to yachts he is
    watching online.
    4. If adminsitrator makes any changes goto to (1) under Inventory
    jason, Aug 27, 2003