Complex collobaration btw online access 2000 and local ACt! Contact Management System

jason

I need some guidance and confirmation that a compex collobaration route btw
my local contact management system (Act) and my online Access 2000
application which allows new and existing contacts coming through the web to
track multiple yachts. If you have the patience, here is the problem and
solution:

Problem: Allow users to track multiple yachts online. As I cannot do bulk
emaling or sendqueing (too long) via my remote web host I am forced to look
at 3rd party list server software or use an existing Act! add-on called
e-blast to handle the mailings from within Act itself.

The last options - after much research - seems applicable due to cost and
complexity considerations. It may just be in the realm of my capabilities
but I suspect this will be a complicated project. I need affirmation or
guidance to re-adjust my approach: Thus:

INVENTORY
1. Create inventory section in Act. Add existing contacts/customers to
groups related to the inventory.
2. If administrator makes change to inventory (price, location or market
status) trigger 3rd party e-blast bulk emailer and send notification to
customer assigned to boat group. This could be scheduled to run each day and
triggered after reading change reports.......and..
*3* send duplicate email to specified email address on server eg:
(e-mail address removed)
4. Use a COM on remote web host (it exists!) and read pop email at above
server address at scheduled time each day to pick up ammendments to
inventory.
5. Cycle through ammendments
6. Ammend online Access application (PageAlert) with inventroy changes.

CUSTOMER
1. Customer enters site.
2. Customer (new | existing) - enters yachts to watch.
3. Email notification sent to administrator inbox. She captures his data
into act and automatically assigned to group(s) related to yachts he is
watching online.
4. If adminsitrator makes any changes goto to (1) under Inventory