Component gt_swift_bw_1 is not bound

Giox

Hello everybody,
I've to test a vhdl program for Xilinx Virtex2Pro. When I try to
simulate it I receive the following message:
"Component gt_swift_bw_1 is not bound" with a reference to the file
unisim_SMODEL.vhd
I compiled the unisims library provided with ISE 7.1.
Is there someone that can explain what's my error?
I searched for it on Google but no relevant info has been found. Can
this problem be related with version of Xilinx ISE?
The program has been developed using ISE 6.2, I try to simulate it with
ISE Xilinx 7.1

sjulhes

For modelsim that I use I have to use a version that handles the
swiftmodels.
Maybe you have the same limitation.

Giox

Hi ok, may be this is the problem I was trying the starter edition of
ModelSim XE at home, I will try the full version of Modelsim SE at work
tomorrow.
I read that however this is a simulation only parameter, so when I will
synthetize it, it will be ignored. That's right?

Duane Clark

Giox said:
Hi ok, may be this is the problem I was trying the starter edition of
ModelSim XE at home, I will try the full version of Modelsim SE at work
tomorrow.
I read that however this is a simulation only parameter, so when I will
synthetize it, it will be ignored. That's right?

While it will work under Modelsim SE, there is a bit more to it then
just that. Go to the Xilinx web site, and search in the answer records
for rocketio and modelsim.

Giox

Hi,
thanks a lot, I found useful information on Answer record, I will try
to apply them.

Another (I hope the last one) question: in a DCM in Virtex2 PRO I found
the parameter MAXPERCLKIN , and when I try to perform a behavioral
simulation I receive the followin error:
"Unknown identifier maxperclkin"
Any help will be useful (I use Xilinx ISE 7.1 service pack 4)

Duane Clark

Giox said:
Hi,
thanks a lot, I found useful information on Answer record, I will try
to apply them.

Another (I hope the last one) question: in a DCM in Virtex2 PRO I found
the parameter MAXPERCLKIN , and when I try to perform a behavioral
simulation I receive the followin error:
"Unknown identifier maxperclkin"
Any help will be useful (I use Xilinx ISE 7.1 service pack 4)

Where did you find that? I see a defined constant within the model for
that, but not a parameter.

Duane Clark

Giox said:
Hi,
thanks a lot, I found useful information on Answer record, I will try
to apply them.

Another (I hope the last one) question: in a DCM in Virtex2 PRO I found
the parameter MAXPERCLKIN , and when I try to perform a behavioral
simulation I receive the followin error:
"Unknown identifier maxperclkin"
Any help will be useful (I use Xilinx ISE 7.1 service pack 4)

Where did you find that as a parameter? I see a defined constant within
the model with that name.

Giox

Sorry I said a parameter, in fact this is a generic.
I found it in a code done from a collegue and it assurd me that it
work, but in my modelsim lib, it seems that it doesn't exist.
If you have some idea I will appreciate it a lot.
Gio

Duane Clark

Giox said:
Sorry I said a parameter, in fact this is a generic.
I found it in a code done from a collegue and it assurd me that it
work, but in my modelsim lib, it seems that it doesn't exist.
If you have some idea I will appreciate it a lot.
Gio

I took a look at older versions of the Xilinx code. In version 6.3 and
earlier, it is indeed a generic. In version 7.1 it has been changed to a
hard coded constant.

Giox

Weel here was the problem, so I commented them out and now the system
work
Many thanks for your very useful help.
Gio