    this problem be related with version of Xilinx ISE?
    The program has been developed using ISE 6.2, I try to simulate it with
    ISE Xilinx 7.1

    Giox, Nov 22, 2005

  2. Giox

    sjulhes Guest

    For modelsim that I use I have to use a version that handles the
    swiftmodels.
    Maybe you have the same limitation.

    sjulhes, Nov 22, 2005

  3. Giox

    Giox Guest

    Hi ok, may be this is the problem I was trying the starter edition of
    ModelSim XE at home, I will try the full version of Modelsim SE at work
    tomorrow.
    I read that however this is a simulation only parameter, so when I will
    synthetize it, it will be ignored. That's right?

    Giox, Nov 22, 2005
  4. Giox

    Duane Clark Guest

    Giox wrote:
    > Hi ok, may be this is the problem I was trying the starter edition of
    > ModelSim XE at home, I will try the full version of Modelsim SE at work
    > tomorrow.
    > I read that however this is a simulation only parameter, so when I will
    > synthetize it, it will be ignored. That's right?

    While it will work under Modelsim SE, there is a bit more to it then
    just that. Go to the Xilinx web site, and search in the answer records
    for rocketio and modelsim.

    Duane Clark, Nov 22, 2005
  5. Giox

    Giox Guest

    Hi,
    thanks a lot, I found useful information on Answer record, I will try
    to apply them.

    Another (I hope the last one) question: in a DCM in Virtex2 PRO I found
    the parameter MAXPERCLKIN , and when I try to perform a behavioral
    simulation I receive the followin error:
    "Unknown identifier maxperclkin"
    Any help will be useful (I use Xilinx ISE 7.1 service pack 4)

    Giox, Nov 23, 2005
  6. Giox

    Duane Clark Guest

    Giox wrote:
    > Hi,
    > thanks a lot, I found useful information on Answer record, I will try
    > to apply them.
    >
    > Another (I hope the last one) question: in a DCM in Virtex2 PRO I found
    > the parameter MAXPERCLKIN , and when I try to perform a behavioral
    > simulation I receive the followin error:
    > "Unknown identifier maxperclkin"
    > Any help will be useful (I use Xilinx ISE 7.1 service pack 4)

    Where did you find that? I see a defined constant within the model for
    that, but not a parameter.

    Duane Clark, Nov 23, 2005
  7. Giox

    Duane Clark Guest

    Giox wrote:
    > Hi,
    > thanks a lot, I found useful information on Answer record, I will try
    > to apply them.
    >
    > Another (I hope the last one) question: in a DCM in Virtex2 PRO I found
    > the parameter MAXPERCLKIN , and when I try to perform a behavioral
    > simulation I receive the followin error:
    > "Unknown identifier maxperclkin"
    > Any help will be useful (I use Xilinx ISE 7.1 service pack 4)

    Where did you find that as a parameter? I see a defined constant within
    the model with that name.

    Duane Clark, Nov 23, 2005
  8. Giox

    Giox Guest

    Sorry I said a parameter, in fact this is a generic.
    I found it in a code done from a collegue and it assurd me that it
    work, but in my modelsim lib, it seems that it doesn't exist.
    If you have some idea I will appreciate it a lot.
    Gio

    Giox, Nov 24, 2005
  9. Giox

    Duane Clark Guest

    Giox wrote:
    > Sorry I said a parameter, in fact this is a generic.
    > I found it in a code done from a collegue and it assurd me that it
    > work, but in my modelsim lib, it seems that it doesn't exist.
    > If you have some idea I will appreciate it a lot.
    > Gio

    I took a look at older versions of the Xilinx code. In version 6.3 and
    earlier, it is indeed a generic. In version 7.1 it has been changed to a
    hard coded constant.

    Duane Clark, Nov 24, 2005
  10. Giox

    Giox Guest

    Weel here was the problem, so I commented them out and now the system
    work
    Many thanks for your very useful help.
    Gio

    Giox, Nov 25, 2005