Configure soap extension

florin

Hi,

I have a problem understanding how SoapExtensions (SE) are meant to
work when configured at Method level.

So I have one app (infopath 2003 form) making a call to WS1 that in
turn calls a method from WS2. WS2 is using a compression SE.
The problem is that in Infopath 2003 I cannot use soap extension, so
WS1 should be able to digest compressed response from WS2 and send
decompress response to Infopath.
So I wanted to use the same SE configured once at service level on WS2
and once at method level on WS1, but the problem is that the SE is not
called when WS1 gets response from WS2 (at 1st I thought that is
should be called..)

The problem is that is I configure the SE on WS1 at service level, the
response will be sent compressed to infopath.

So in order to have the WS1 be able to digest compressed response and
send to it's called uncompressed response, would there be other
solutions than:
1) use 2 SEs
2) hack my SE to that in GetInitializer(Type) to look for some
configuration somewhere (another custom assembly attribute on WS1,
etc) and based on that to decide if this WS will compress the response
or not.

Hope I was able to explain it :)

Thanks,
florin