Configuring IIS to run ASP.NET 2.0 and 1.x apps

Jay

How do I configure IIS to indicate that a website, virtual directory, or
folder is for a particular version of ASP.NET (2.0 or 1.x).

Thanks.

Jay

Peter Rilling

Have not had to do this, but here is a thought.

Since all web content is processed by an isapi filter, then you should just
be able to redirect the root in IIS to use the correct filter to parse the
content.

Wiktor Zychla [C# MVP]

How do I configure IIS to indicate that a website, virtual directory, or
folder is for a particular version of ASP.NET (2.0 or 1.x).

just after you install 2.0 on your server, you should have the ASP.NET
property page available for web applications in the IIS management console.
the first dropdownlist on this property page lets you select which ASP.NET
version you wish to have for the application.

Wiktor Zychlla

George

In IIS Management console there is a tab "ASP.NET" when you click "Properties" of the virtual folder.

There you can specify which version you want it to run with.

George.

How do I configure IIS to indicate that a website, virtual directory, or
folder is for a particular version of ASP.NET (2.0 or 1.x).

Thanks.

Jay

Guest

Ok, the other replies are good, there is a tab for you to change to 2.0 or 1.1.

However I wanted to make sure that if you are using IIS 6. PLEASE make sure
each application or Virtual Directory has its own memory pool.

Cheers
Al

stephen.evans

Just to add to what Al said, ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0 do not run in the same
application pool without crashing, you need to make at least one pool
for each one, and move any app using a different version to the
corresponding pool.

Guest

Nice said! However to add a little to what you said ;-)

Do not even share 2 2.0 APPs in the sames 2.0 Memory Pool, make sure you
create a complete separate memory pool per app.

Thanks Stephen!
Cheers
Al

Jay

Thanks to all for your responses. They are very helpful.

One last question.

On a Windows 2000 server at work that I do not have any control over I am
trying to help someone figure out if ASP.NET 2.0 is installed and how to set
the ASP.NET version for a virtual directory or website. Since it is Windows
2000 it must be IIS 5.0.

When you install the APS.NET 2.0 runtime will there be a ASP.NET tab in IIS
5.0? If not how do you set the ASP.NET version for Windows 2000 / IIS 5.0?

Thanks

Jay