    first. Can you explain why this would be?

    Thanks.

    Alex

    Alex Maghen, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Hi Alex,

    Welcome to the ASP.NET mobile newsgroup.

    As for Smartphone 2003 or Pocket PC 2003 application developing, Visual
    Studio 2005 team suite edition will automatically install the 2003 sdk and
    emulators for smartphone and PPC, so if you're using the Visual Studio 2005
    team suite, you can just create the certain smart device project and build
    and debug in emulators.

    #Smart Device Development
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sa69he4t.aspx

    As for actual device, I think the .net compact framework is necessary on
    the system if you're using .NET compact framework to develop the
    application.

    BTW, since this newsgroup is specific to ASP.NET mobile application, I'd
    suggest you also try posting your question in some other .NET compact
    framework or windows mobile development specific newsgroups or forums.

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security