Connect two users in the web application (similar to private chat room)

Ruso

So what I want to make, is to have a list of all ppl conected to the
page which is done using Application type (ASP) and Cookies.
And after when the user clicks to the name of any other user
(link/button), the second user must recive a message like User1 wants
to have a "deal with you", and if the User2 accepts they both begin the
converstaion and/or action.

I've heard that this can be done using AJAX or ActiveX, but i dont know
how to implement this. I am clueless, if some1 can give any idea/advice
or point me where to start the research??

Randy Webb

Ruso said the following on 11/13/2006 1:36 PM:
So what I want to make, is to have a list of all ppl conected to the
page which is done using Application type (ASP) and Cookies.
And after when the user clicks to the name of any other user
(link/button), the second user must recive a message like User1 wants
to have a "deal with you", and if the User2 accepts they both begin the
converstaion and/or action.

I've heard that this can be done using AJAX or ActiveX, but i dont know
how to implement this. I am clueless, if some1 can give any idea/advice
or point me where to start the research??

AIM is what you are after. Why try to write one into a webpage? But,
search google for chatrooms, they are a dime a dozen.