Connecting to Exchange

Aldric Giacomoni

Imap fails for me, Pop fails for me. I'm guessing it's because of
enabled security protocols.

Is there a good way out there in Rubyland to make IMAP/POP work with
enabled security?
Or should I try win32ole and MAPI ? Can win32ole be used under Linux?
I'm looking at the few MAPI posts that were done in this forum in the
past and playing with that for now, hoping to get something to work.
What's the MAPI username supposed to be? The Active Directory username?

Any other solutions to connect to an exchange server? All I need to do
is check/get/parse mail.

Thanks in advance.

rilindo foster

You'll have to ask whoever administers Exchange to enable either IMAP
or POP on the account. Otherwise, you probably want to try to connect
via Webmail - which means a different set of ruby code if I am not
mistaken (likely net/http and/or uri).

--
Rilindo Foster
AOL Instant Messenger: rilindo

brabuhr

Imap fails for me, Pop fails for me. I'm guessing it's because of
enabled security protocols.

Is there a good way out there in Rubyland to make IMAP/POP work with
enabled security?

Not likely without knowing more detail on why it is failing (have any
specific error codes from the client and server?) and if you can
successfully connect via IMAP from other programs.
Any other solutions to connect to an exchange server? All I need to
do is check/get/parse mail.

Depending on the version of Exchange and server configuration you may
be able to use the webdav or soap interfaces. I don't know of any
pre-rolled ruby libraries for those. Or, use one of the web scraping
libraries on OWA.

zenChild

Not likely without knowing more detail on why it is failing (have any
specific error codes from the client and server?) and if you can
successfully connect via IMAP from other programs.

Depending on the version ofExchangeand server configuration you may
be able to use the webdav or soap interfaces.  I don't know of any
pre-rolled ruby libraries for those.  Or, use one of the web scraping
libraries on OWA.

It is still in the early stages of development, but I am writing a
client access library for MS Exchange that talks via Exchange Web
Services that may help you out. You can get the code from
http://github.com/zenchild/Viewpoint. Have a look at the README and
some of the scripts in the "test" and "examples" directories.