    Any other solutions to connect to an exchange server? All I need to do
    is check/get/parse mail.

    Thanks in advance.
    Aldric Giacomoni, Sep 4, 2009

  2. You'll have to ask whoever administers Exchange to enable either IMAP
    or POP on the account. Otherwise, you probably want to try to connect
    via Webmail - which means a different set of ruby code if I am not
    mistaken (likely net/http and/or uri).

    On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Aldric Giacomoni<> wrote:
    > Imap fails for me, Pop fails for me. I'm guessing it's because of
    > enabled security protocols.
    >
    > Is there a good way out there in Rubyland to make IMAP/POP work with
    > enabled security?
    > Or should I try win32ole and MAPI ? Can win32ole be used under Linux?
    > I'm looking at the few MAPI posts that were done in this forum in the
    > past and playing with that for now, hoping to get something to work.
    > What's the MAPI username supposed to be? The Active Directory username?
    >
    > Any other solutions to connect to an exchange server? All I need to do
    > is check/get/parse mail.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    Rilindo Foster
    AOL Instant Messenger: rilindo
    Google Talk:
    Web Site: http://www.monzell.com
    Primary:
    Secondary:
    "Rich bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men
    should be happier than others. -- Oscar Wilde
    rilindo foster, Sep 4, 2009

  3. Aldric Giacomoni

    Guest

    On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Aldric Giacomoni<> wrote:
    > Imap fails for me, Pop fails for me. I'm guessing it's because of
    > enabled security protocols.
    >
    > Is there a good way out there in Rubyland to make IMAP/POP work with
    > enabled security?

    Not likely without knowing more detail on why it is failing (have any
    specific error codes from the client and server?) and if you can
    successfully connect via IMAP from other programs.

    > Any other solutions to connect to an exchange server? All I need to
    > do is check/get/parse mail.

    Depending on the version of Exchange and server configuration you may
    be able to use the webdav or soap interfaces. I don't know of any
    pre-rolled ruby libraries for those. Or, use one of the web scraping
    libraries on OWA.
    , Sep 4, 2009
  4. Aldric Giacomoni

    zenChild Guest

    On Sep 4, 3:20 pm, wrote:
    > On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Aldric Giacomoni<> wrote:
    > > Imap fails for me, Pop fails for me. I'm guessing it's because of
    > > enabled security protocols.

    > > Is there a good way out there in Rubyland to make IMAP/POP work with
    > > enabled security?

    > Not likely without knowing more detail on why it is failing (have any
    > specific error codes from the client and server?) and if you can
    > successfully connect via IMAP from other programs.
    >
    > > Any other solutions to connect to anexchangeserver? All I need to
    > > do is check/get/parse mail.

    > Depending on the version ofExchangeand server configuration you may
    > be able to use the webdav or soap interfaces.  I don't know of any
    > pre-rolled ruby libraries for those.  Or, use one of the web scraping
    > libraries on OWA.

    It is still in the early stages of development, but I am writing a
    client access library for MS Exchange that talks via Exchange Web
    Services that may help you out. You can get the code from
    http://github.com/zenchild/Viewpoint. Have a look at the README and
    some of the scripts in the "test" and "examples" directories.
    zenChild, Oct 22, 2009