Consuming a SOAP Vector Type from .Net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by wawa_piggy, Apr 20, 2004.

  1. wawa_piggy

    wawa_piggy Guest

    I have exposed my Java web services to receive a SOAP Vector type and to
    return results as a SOAP Vector.
    Both vectors should contain Arrays of String.
    My .net web application need to consume this web service and I have
    added a web refernce to this Java web services.
    But i encountered some "Object Reference Not Set To An Instance" error
    in the following chunk of code.

    Did i do something wrong here????
    Thanks.

    :
    :
    Dim arr1 As String() = {"1", "2"} 'an array of String
    Dim arr2 As String() = {"3", "4"}
    Dim arr3 As String() = {"5", "6"}
    '' stockAppl is the project name
    '' Enq is the web reference name
    '' Vector is the class name
    Dim myVector As New stockAppl.Enq.Vector()
    myVector.item.SetValue(arr1, 0)
    myVector.item.SetValue(arr2, 1)
    myVector.item.SetValue(arr3, 2)

    Dim abc As New stockAppl.Enq.EnquireStockWSService()
    Dim myAL2 As stockAppl.Enq.Vector() = abc.EnquireStockWS(

    :
    :
    :

    wawa_piggy, Apr 20, 2004

  2. wawa_piggy

    NM Guest

    > Dim arr1 As String() = {"1", "2"} 'an array of String
    > Dim arr2 As String() = {"3", "4"}
    > Dim arr3 As String() = {"5", "6"}
    > '' stockAppl is the project name
    > '' Enq is the web reference name
    > '' Vector is the class name
    > Dim myVector As New stockAppl.Enq.Vector()
    > myVector.item.SetValue(arr1, 0)
    > myVector.item.SetValue(arr2, 1)
    > myVector.item.SetValue(arr3, 2)
    >
    > Dim abc As New stockAppl.Enq.EnquireStockWSService()

    > Dim myAL2 As stockAppl.Enq.Vector() = abc.EnquireStockWS(

    In your last instruction, You've declared an array of Vector and you return
    just 1 Vector :
    Dim myAL2 As stockAppl.Enq.Vector = abc.EnquireStockWS(...)
    NM, Apr 20, 2004