consuming web service with a 407 intermitent

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by >magno, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. >magno

    >magno Guest

    Hi folks,
    I'm developing an Add-in for Excel to consume a web service, using
    vs2003 and with a proxy class generated by wsdl.exe. I'm using soap
    extension to autenticate (with headers).
    When I have the internet explorer opened, I try to consume the web
    service and works fine, but when I close the browser is imposible to
    consume the web service. I installed the Network Monitor in the server
    machine and probed that only when the browser is started the network
    packages arrive to the server.
    I don't know what relationship exists between browser and consuming a
    web service from an excel add-in.
    I'm getting the following error:

    System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy
    Authentication Required.

    But anonymous authentication is enabled and I'm not using any proxy
    server.
    thanks a lot.
    Magno

  2. ">magno" <> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    > I'm developing an Add-in for Excel to consume a web service, using
    > vs2003 and with a proxy class generated by wsdl.exe. I'm using soap
    > extension to autenticate (with headers).
    > When I have the internet explorer opened, I try to consume the web
    > service and works fine, but when I close the browser is imposible to
    > consume the web service. I installed the Network Monitor in the server
    > machine and probed that only when the browser is started the network
    > packages arrive to the server.
    > I don't know what relationship exists between browser and consuming a
    > web service from an excel add-in.
    > I'm getting the following error:
    >
    > System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy
    > Authentication Required.

    Try consuming the service from your client while you have the browser open.
    I bet you get the same error.

    You probably have the proxy configured in the browser, but your web service
    client does not have the proxy set up. Your client will need to configure
    the proxy as your network administrators require.

    John

    John Saunders, Nov 3, 2006