Error Consuming Web Service from WIndows application when WebService is using Custom Service Accoun

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by DNB, Jan 16, 2008.

  1. DNB

    DNB Guest

    NOTE: I have posted this message in
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet also
    I have a web service in .net 1.5 that I am consuming using windows
    application.
    I am running this windows application on Windows XP Pro.

    Now if we use SQL server Authentication in WebService to connect to database
    I am able to Invoke this web service from Windows Application(running on XP)

    But as soon as I switch to Custom Service Account ( Create an Application
    Pool with a Custom Identity) . I get following error while Invoking this
    web service from Windows Application (running on XP)

    "Server was unable to process request. --> Unable to generate a temporary
    class (result=1).
    error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\noqnumwr.0.cs' could not be found
    error CS2008: No inputs specified"

    I tried following
    go to c: > windows > temp
    right clik and click on properties > Security >
    here Click on Add and find out the NETWORK service user, add and then allow
    full control.
    Still it failed.

    Thanks
    DNB
    DNB, Jan 16, 2008

  2. "DNB" <> wrote in message
    > NOTE: I have posted this message in
    > microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet also
    > I have a web service in .net 1.5 that I am consuming using windows
    > application.
    > I am running this windows application on Windows XP Pro.
    >
    > Now if we use SQL server Authentication in WebService to connect to
    > database
    > I am able to Invoke this web service from Windows Application(running on
    > XP)
    >
    > But as soon as I switch to Custom Service Account ( Create an Application
    > Pool with a Custom Identity) . I get following error while Invoking this
    > web service from Windows Application (running on XP)
    >
    > "Server was unable to process request. --> Unable to generate a temporary
    > class (result=1).
    > error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\noqnumwr.0.cs' could not be
    > found
    > error CS2008: No inputs specified"
    >

    > I tried following
    > go to c: > windows > temp
    > right clik and click on properties > Security >
    > here Click on Add and find out the NETWORK service user, add and then
    > allow
    > full control.
    > Still it failed.

    Do you have auditing turned on for that system? If you did, then you could
    look in the Security event log to see what failures happened, then see what
    account they happened for, then enable that account to have that access.

    Use Start->Run->gpedit.msc to turn on auditing. Navigate to Computer
    Configuration->Windows Settings->Security Settings->Local Policies->Audit
    policies. Here's how I have it set up on my machine:

    Policy,Security Setting
    Audit account logon events,Success, Failure
    Audit account management,Success, Failure
    Audit directory service access,Success, Failure
    Audit logon events,Success, Failure
    Audit object access,Failure
    Audit policy change,Success
    Audit privilege use,Success, Failure
    Audit process tracking,Success, Failure
    Audit system events,Success

    John Saunders | MVP - Windows Server System - Connected System Developer
    John Saunders [MVP], Jan 20, 2008