ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Brynn, Jan 21, 2004.

  1. Brynn

    Brynn Guest

    I want to thank the person that sent the nasty messages to my
    contact.asp test page ... you have inspired me !!!

    I have now added a bad_words filter both to my JSValidation script
    (going up on my site soon) and my contact.asp tool.

    I would have forgotten about it if it were not for you. I TRULY
    appreciate your help ... and hope that you helping me eats you up
    inside ... ROFL.

    ANYWAY GUYS -- READ ON ----

    I am requesting that you guys on this group have fun and submit me
    messages containing bad words in them. Any that aren't blocked I will
    look at, and consider adding to my bad_words list in my JS and ASP
    validations.

    Just so you don't think this is someone posing as me posting this ...
    I put the words ... BAD WORDS TEST as the default value of the message
    textarea.

    Thanks for the bad words in advance guys ... please be offensive with
    the bad words as possible ... let out some frustration and have some
    fun trying to get some bad words through the filter.

    http://test.coolpier.com/

    Brynn

    P.S. this has also inspired adding to my code, a way to set the
    default values of the form fields =) ... code will be available on my
    site within a week.
    Brynn
    www.coolpier.com

    I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
    I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
    Test all code before use!

    Brynn, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Brynn

    Steven Burn Guest

    It got them all :eek:( lol

    I'm not exactly awake yet, so there was only 5 (in a nice little paragraph
    too, lol).. and it caught them all :eek:)

    I'll have another go when I'm more awake ;o)

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Brynn

    Brynn Guest

    Thanks for playing Steven ... hehe.

    I am also going to be updating it with an exceptions list ... like

    brass

    I have a 174000 word database table english words list that I am going
    to compare each word I enter into the filer ... i.e. I will type in
    the word, and get brass and all the other words with it returned.

    I am writing that program now, to write me a a list like

    word@@@excption1#exception2#exeception3

    We will see if this is too big to implement soon enough ... hehe

    Brynn
    www.coolpier.com

    Brynn, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Brynn

    Brynn Guest

    oh yeah ... thanks ... I forgot to change the value to lower case
    before checking ... all words in upper case are probably getting
    through ...

    There ... case issue fixed ... thanks ... any more suggestions feel
    free to add.

    right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it can
    accept brass but not br ass

    I will be correcting this with the exceptions list I talk about in the
    other reply to this post

    Keep pickin at it =) ... I am going to have this open to the group
    when done.

    Brynn
    www.coolpier.com

    Brynn, Jan 21, 2004
  5. Brynn

    Randy Rahbar Guest

    > right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it can
    > accept brass but not br ass

    What about " assure"?

    Randy Rahbar, Jan 21, 2004
  6. Brynn

    Steven Burn Guest

    or "assume" ;o)

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Jan 21, 2004
  7. Brynn

    Steven Burn Guest

    I BEAT IT!....lol

    Nowt major, but it let "arse" through, hehe

    --
    Regards

    Steven Burn
    Ur I.T. Mate Group
    www.it-mate.co.uk

    Keeping it FREE!

    Disclaimer:

    Steven Burn, Jan 21, 2004
  8. Brynn

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Randy Rahbar wrote:
    >> right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it can
    >> accept brass but not br ass

    > What about " assure"?

    Interesting. "Shitake mushrooms are the best" was submitted with no problem
    Bob

    Bob Barrows, Jan 21, 2004
  9. Brynn

    middletree Guest

    It wouldn't let me put in Matthew 21:5

    "Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and
    sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. "

    Better watch out, Brynn, not letting the bible in there. Could be trouble

    middletree, Jan 21, 2004
  10. Brynn

    Randy Rahbar Guest

    > None of the words you listed are vulgar, so I would expect that to work.

    I ASSume you missed the SHITake part. :)

    Randy

    Randy Rahbar, Jan 21, 2004
  11. Brynn

    middletree Guest

    Have you counted on mispellings? I know that will make it much tougher to
    catch, but fact is, many of the idiots who write emails with those kinda
    words in them can't spell.

    middletree, Jan 21, 2004
  12. Brynn

    Brynn Guest

    As we speak, I am working on the array ... I am devloping an
    exceptions list to the rules for assure, brass, etc... the exceptions
    list is being derived from a dictionary database I have .. it should
    be fairly accurate

    essentially, if it it finds ont of the strings within the word ... it
    is going to check that word for acceptable instances of that word with
    the string.

    I hope to have this done in a couple hours =)

    On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:11:58 -0500, "Randy Rahbar"

    Brynn, Jan 21, 2004
  13. Brynn

    middletree Guest

    Hope you'll be interested in sharing your code once done . . ..

    middletree, Jan 21, 2004
  14. Brynn

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Peter Foti wrote:
    > "Bob Barrows" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> What about " assure"?

    >> Interesting. "Shitake mushrooms are the best" was submitted with no
    >> problem

    > That seems like correct behavior to me (unless mushrooms is a swear
    > where you live). ;)
    >
    > None of the words you listed are vulgar, so I would expect that to
    > work.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Peter Foti

    You would have seen my point if my earlier message had come through. The
    filter found two swears in this senetence (the vowel is replaced due to my
    suspicion that the msnews server filtered out my earlier message because of
    it:

    I assure you this message c*ntains no swears, only misspellings.

    I was surprised that it passed "shitake" with no problem.

    Bob

    Bob Barrows, Jan 21, 2004
  15. Brynn

    Brynn Guest

    actually, it was only because of the CAPS ... I have fixed it now, and
    it will not work ... HOWEVER ... I am now further fixing it to include
    execeptions to all of the bad words.

    using a dictionary database of over 170000 words I am getting words
    where bad words are part of word

    Brynn, Jan 21, 2004
  16. Brynn

    Brynn Guest

    Re: BAD WORDS UPDATE ...

    OK, I have a complete list of acceptable words with my bad words list
    .... however, I don't think I am going to be able to incorporate this
    into a function because ...

    assumme

    if someone spells assume wrong, it will not allow it ... therefore ...
    this would be impossible ... LOL

    Brynn, Jan 21, 2004
  17. Brynn

    UncleWobbly Guest

    me too!

    It took "T*sser", "Homo" & "Pr*ck"

    :eek:)

    I will throw some more brit abuse at it later

    UncleWobbly, Jan 21, 2004
  18. Brynn

    middletree Guest

    Re: BAD WORDS UPDATE ...

    And also including obvious mispellings which don't also happen to be real
    words.

    "Peter Foti" <> wrote in message
    > "Brynn" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > OK, I have a complete list of acceptable words with my bad words list
    > > ... however, I don't think I am going to be able to incorporate this
    > > into a function because ...
    > >
    > > assumme
    > >
    > > if someone spells assume wrong, it will not allow it ... therefore ...
    > > this would be impossible ... LOL

    > This goes to the point I was trying to make. You would be better off

    making
    > a complete list of "bad" words, and ONLY banning those words when they

    exist

    middletree, Jan 21, 2004
  19. Brynn

    Roland Hall Guest

    Re: ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words - this message is for 21 and older

    ********************** WARNING *************************
    The content of this message contains mature subject matter. Do not read if
    you are easily offended by such.

    I just got through, no problem. I just put - between each letter. You
    should strip out all characters not a-zA-Z and check for numbers being used
    as vowels:

    a = 4
    e = 3
    i = 1 or !
    o = 0

    and then there are all of the extended characters...

    Obviously if numbers are included in words, then they're going to be easy to
    figure out. Convert them to vowels, as shown above and then run them
    through the filter. But, if you check your SPAM, you'll see they misspell
    all kinds of ways trying to get past spam filters. So, possibly something
    else to add is an IP block. Once they have failed the test x number of
    times, you block their IP by redirecting them to a 404 error page until you
    can verify they're message is either bad or acceptable but you should log
    all messages.

    It also let in 'fu a-hole'.

    This is ok: as soon as you are ready
    but this is not: assoon as you are ready

    You know how typos are.

    English only I take it: chupa mi juevos ... gets in.. among others.

    You know, they can still be abusive without bad words:
    jo mama was so fat, I rolled over twice and I was still on her

    kiss my anus goes through...
    you got a lil willy does too...

    Whoops... I guess the filter only works on the message.

    Name: kiss my ass
    email:
    Message: Howdy friends and neighbors

    this is too much fun...

    Roland Hall, Jan 21, 2004
  20. Brynn

    middletree Guest

    Re: ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words - this message is for 21 and older

    I disagree with your initial warning. The words you have down below are
    immature, not mature at all.

    Gotta admit I laughed at the fat joke, though. Guess I'm not mature.

    middletree, Jan 21, 2004