ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

Brynn

I want to thank the person that sent the nasty messages to my
contact.asp test page ... you have inspired me !!!

I have now added a bad_words filter both to my JSValidation script
(going up on my site soon) and my contact.asp tool.

I would have forgotten about it if it were not for you. I TRULY
appreciate your help ... and hope that you helping me eats you up
inside ... ROFL.

ANYWAY GUYS -- READ ON ----

I am requesting that you guys on this group have fun and submit me
messages containing bad words in them. Any that aren't blocked I will
look at, and consider adding to my bad_words list in my JS and ASP
validations.

Just so you don't think this is someone posing as me posting this ...
I put the words ... BAD WORDS TEST as the default value of the message
textarea.

Thanks for the bad words in advance guys ... please be offensive with
the bad words as possible ... let out some frustration and have some
fun trying to get some bad words through the filter.

http://test.coolpier.com/

Brynn

P.S. this has also inspired adding to my code, a way to set the
default values of the form fields =) ... code will be available on my
site within a week.
Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

Steven Burn

It got them all :eek:( lol

I'm not exactly awake yet, so there was only 5 (in a nice little paragraph
too, lol).. and it caught them all :eek:)

I'll have another go when I'm more awake ;o)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Brynn

Thanks for playing Steven ... hehe.

I am also going to be updating it with an exceptions list ... like

brass

I have a 174000 word database table english words list that I am going
to compare each word I enter into the filer ... i.e. I will type in
the word, and get brass and all the other words with it returned.

I am writing that program now, to write me a a list like

word@@@excption1#exception2#exeception3

We will see if this is too big to implement soon enough ... hehe

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

It got them all :eek:( lol

I'm not exactly awake yet, so there was only 5 (in a nice little paragraph
too, lol).. and it caught them all :eek:)

I'll have another go when I'm more awake ;o)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

Brynn

oh yeah ... thanks ... I forgot to change the value to lower case
before checking ... all words in upper case are probably getting
through ...

There ... case issue fixed ... thanks ... any more suggestions feel
free to add.

right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it can
accept brass but not br ass

I will be correcting this with the exceptions list I talk about in the
other reply to this post

Keep pickin at it =) ... I am going to have this open to the group
when done.

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

Some variations of words seem to get through (for example, adding "ty" or
"s" to the end of a word). In Addition, mixed case values seem to get
through as well.

Hope this is helpful.
Regards,
Peter Foti

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

Steven Burn

I BEAT IT!....lol

Nowt major, but it let "arse" through, hehe

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

middletree

It wouldn't let me put in Matthew 21:5

"Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and
sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass. "

Better watch out, Brynn, not letting the bible in there. Could be trouble

Randy Rahbar

None of the words you listed are vulgar, so I would expect that to work.

I ASSume you missed the SHITake part. :)

Randy

middletree

Have you counted on mispellings? I know that will make it much tougher to
catch, but fact is, many of the idiots who write emails with those kinda
words in them can't spell.

Brynn

As we speak, I am working on the array ... I am devloping an
exceptions list to the rules for assure, brass, etc... the exceptions
list is being derived from a dictionary database I have .. it should
be fairly accurate

essentially, if it it finds ont of the strings within the word ... it
is going to check that word for acceptable instances of that word with
the string.

I hope to have this done in a couple hours =)

What about " assure"?

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

Bob Barrows

Peter said:
That seems like correct behavior to me (unless mushrooms is a swear
where you live). ;)

None of the words you listed are vulgar, so I would expect that to
work.

Regards,
Peter Foti

You would have seen my point if my earlier message had come through. The
filter found two swears in this senetence (the vowel is replaced due to my
suspicion that the msnews server filtered out my earlier message because of
it:

I assure you this message c*ntains no swears, only misspellings.

I was surprised that it passed "shitake" with no problem.

Bob

Brynn

actually, it was only because of the CAPS ... I have fixed it now, and
it will not work ... HOWEVER ... I am now further fixing it to include
execeptions to all of the bad words.

using a dictionary database of over 170000 words I am getting words
where bad words are part of word

Interesting. "Shitake mushrooms are the best" was submitted with no problem
Bob

Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!

Brynn

OK, I have a complete list of acceptable words with my bad words list
.... however, I don't think I am going to be able to incorporate this
into a function because ...

assumme

if someone spells assume wrong, it will not allow it ... therefore ...
this would be impossible ... LOL

[...]

UncleWobbly

me too!

It took "T*sser", "Homo" & "Pr*ck"

:eek:)

I will throw some more brit abuse at it later

Roland Hall

********************** WARNING *************************
The content of this message contains mature subject matter. Do not read if
you are easily offended by such.

I just got through, no problem. I just put - between each letter. You
should strip out all characters not a-zA-Z and check for numbers being used
as vowels:

a = 4
e = 3
i = 1 or !
o = 0

and then there are all of the extended characters...

Obviously if numbers are included in words, then they're going to be easy to
figure out. Convert them to vowels, as shown above and then run them
through the filter. But, if you check your SPAM, you'll see they misspell
all kinds of ways trying to get past spam filters. So, possibly something
else to add is an IP block. Once they have failed the test x number of
times, you block their IP by redirecting them to a 404 error page until you
can verify they're message is either bad or acceptable but you should log
all messages.

It also let in 'fu a-hole'.

This is ok: as soon as you are ready
but this is not: assoon as you are ready

You know how typos are.

English only I take it: chupa mi juevos ... gets in.. among others.

You know, they can still be abusive without bad words:
jo mama was so fat, I rolled over twice and I was still on her

kiss my anus goes through...
you got a lil willy does too...

Whoops... I guess the filter only works on the message.

Name: kiss my ass
email: (e-mail address removed)
Message: Howdy friends and neighbors

this is too much fun...

middletree

I disagree with your initial warning. The words you have down below are
immature, not mature at all.

Gotta admit I laughed at the fat joke, though. Guess I'm not mature.