    --
    Chris Green

    , Dec 9, 2011

  2. Alec Taylor Guest

    Wammu?

    Alec Taylor, Dec 9, 2011

    Alec Taylor <> wrote:
    > Wammu?

    I hadn't really considered gammu/wammu as I saw it as a mobile phone
    synchrinsation tool, but I've looked a bit harder and it might very
    well be what I need - thank you!

    > On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 1:41 AM, <> wrote:
    > > I'm after an application for managing Contacts (i.e. an Address Book)
    > > and as I suspect I will want to 'tune' it a bit Python would be my
    > > preferred language.
    > >
    > > So far I have found :-
    > >
    > >    pycocuma - reasonable but rather old and a bit clunky (uses TCL/Tk)
    > >    pyaddressbook - newer but very minimal
    > >
    > > Does anyone have any other suggestions?  I'd prefer an application
    > > which uses vCards as its native data storage format but that's not
    > > vital and I'd also like to have a GUI but again that's not vital, a
    > > well designed curses/terminal application would be OK too.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Chris Green
    > > --

    Chris Green

    , Dec 9, 2011

    wrote:
    > Alec Taylor <> wrote:
    > > Wammu?
    > >

    > I hadn't really considered gammu/wammu as I saw it as a mobile phone
    > synchrinsation tool, but I've looked a bit harder and it might very
    > well be what I need - thank you!

    Well one problem with wammu is that you can't do anything with the
    program unless there's a phone connected.

    --
    Chris Green

    , Dec 9, 2011