context response or server.transfer to target = _blank

Craig

Hello,

I need to open a new page (target = _blank) for processing form data and
displaying a result from within the codebehind. Ideally, I would like to use
server.transfer("x", true);

The user clicks the "Proccess" button, I do some data manipulation in the
codebehind, then I need to display a new Web page that will further process
and then display the resultant information.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Craig

Craig

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I do not believe that a Wizard will do what I
need.

What I will be displaying to the user is a .PDF and I really need it to be
in its own page, as many users get lost and confused with the navigation if
a pdf displays in the original page (and my users are not the most
sophiticated).

Thanks again,
Craig

Craig

Sorry.

However, after rereading my original post, my question seemed clear enough:
how do I open a new _blank target window from codebehind? I did not think
that the type of content to be displayed altered the nature of the question.
Only when you proposed a solution that did not address my question did I
deem it necessary to expand as to why your suggestion would not work.

Nonetheless, I still appreciate your time and suggestion.

Craig

Mark Rae said:
[please don't top-post]
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
Thanks for your response. I do not believe that a Wizard will do what I
need.

What I will be displaying to the user is a .PDF and I really need it to
be in its own page, as many users get lost and confused with the
navigation if a pdf displays in the original page (and my users are not
the most sophisticated).

Why didn't you mention this in your original post...?

Craig

This is as I understood it, but I thought (hoped) that there might be some
trick I was unaware of.

Thank you again for your time.

Craig

Mark Rae said:
*** [please don't top-post] ***
http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html
However, after rereading my original post, my question seemed clear
enough: how do I open a new _blank target window from codebehind?

You can't. Code behind is server-side and, as such, has no control over
the client browser - all it can do is send it an HTML stream

Interaction with the client browser needs to be done with client-side
JavaScript.

Therefore, the code-behind will need to emit client-side JavaScript in the
HTML stream e.g.

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(GetType(), "open",
"window.open(............);", true);

Not recommended...