    ? Or can html be written to ensure that the newly opened browser window is
    full-size ?

    Thanks.
    John A Grandy, May 2, 2006

  2. John A Grandy

    MSDN Guest

    onclick="window.open('../somepage.aspx','windowName','width=430,height=470,left=100,top=110');"

    MSDN, May 2, 2006

  3. The window will be opened using the same size as the last known IE
    window that was opened non-maximized. I beleive the reason that the
    window is not opened maximized is that the user should be made aware
    that it's a new window and not just a new page in the same window.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, May 3, 2006
  4. I believe there must be a way to force the new window to open maximized. I
    have seen web-sites where all links clicked to external sites open new
    maximized windows highest on the z-axis.

    John A Grandy, May 4, 2006
  5. Are you sure that they were maximized, and not only resized (using
    javascript) to fill the screen?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=, May 4, 2006
  6. Hi,

    John A Grandy wrote:
    > I believe there must be a way to force the new window to open maximized. I
    > have seen web-sites where all links clicked to external sites open new
    > maximized windows highest on the z-axis.

    I don't know any way of opening a maximized window using JavaScript.
    However, you can read the screen width and height, and use these as
    parameters for the window.open method (using the attributes string).

    Also, if the window is maximized along the Z-axis, don't put your face
    too near from the computer screen ;-)

    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft