<a target="_blank" /> opens half-size IE6 window

John A Grandy

I have a js function that dynamically generates a block of html that
includes an anchor tag :

When the user clicks this link, the new IE6 browser window is full vertical
size, but only half horizontal size (of available screen area).

Starting iexplore.exe independently opens a full-size browser window.

Is this a machine-by-machine problem related to some OS or IE config setting
? Or can html be written to ensure that the newly opened browser window is
full-size ?

Thanks.

MSDN

onclick="window.open('../somepage.aspx','windowName','width=430,height=470,left=100,top=110');"

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

The window will be opened using the same size as the last known IE
window that was opened non-maximized. I beleive the reason that the
window is not opened maximized is that the user should be made aware
that it's a new window and not just a new page in the same window.

John A Grandy

I believe there must be a way to force the new window to open maximized. I
have seen web-sites where all links clicked to external sites open new
maximized windows highest on the z-axis.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

Are you sure that they were maximized, and not only resized (using
javascript) to fill the screen?

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
I believe there must be a way to force the new window to open maximized. I
have seen web-sites where all links clicked to external sites open new
maximized windows highest on the z-axis.

I don't know any way of opening a maximized window using JavaScript.
However, you can read the screen width and height, and use these as
parameters for the window.open method (using the attributes string).

Also, if the window is maximized along the Z-axis, don't put your face
too near from the computer screen ;-)

Laurent