target="_blank" cannot open a new window

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Matt, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    In the following code, page1.asp is inside the frame of main.html.
    When the user click submit button in page1.asp, it will submit the form
    and open a new window called page2.asp. When the user clicks submit
    button on page2.asp, I expected to open a new window called page3.asp.
    Unfortunately, it just open page3.asp in the same window as page2.asp, and
    now page2.asp is gone.

    However, if I just open page1.asp, and begins from there, it is fine.
    I think this is because page1.asp is put inside the frame.

    ========= main.html ======================
    <frameset>
    <frame src="page1.asp">
    </frameset>

    ================== page1.asp ==============

    <form action="page2.asp" target="_blank">

    ================== page2.asp ==============

    <form action="page3.asp" target="_blank">

    Any workarounds?? Thanks!!

    Matt, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Matt

    DU Guest

    Matt wrote:

    > In the following code, page1.asp is inside the frame of main.html.
    > When the user click submit button in page1.asp, it will submit the form
    > and open a new window called page2.asp. When the user clicks submit
    > button on page2.asp, I expected to open a new window called page3.asp.
    > Unfortunately, it just open page3.asp in the same window as page2.asp, and
    > now page2.asp is gone.
    >
    > However, if I just open page1.asp, and begins from there, it is fine.
    > I think this is because page1.asp is put inside the frame.
    >
    > ========= main.html ======================
    > <frameset>
    > <frame src="page1.asp">
    > </frameset>
    >
    > ================== page1.asp ==============
    >
    > <form action="page2.asp" target="_blank">
    >
    > ================== page2.asp ==============
    >
    > <form action="page3.asp" target="_blank">
    >

    > Any workarounds?? Thanks!!

    The best way to avoid getting an answer/solutions to your
    question/problem is to multi-post in several newsgroups like you do. You
    fragment discussions by doing so. There is no better turn-off than this.
    It upsets people, you see.
    Learn how to post, otherwise always tell people in which newsgroup you
    want an answer.

    Subject: Crossposting to multiple newsgroups
    http://www.cs.uu.nl/wais/html/na-dir/finding-groups/general.html

    DU

    DU, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Matt

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Matt

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > frames _will_ make your peepee and/or boobies fall off

    Not my MIGHTY MAN MEAT!

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Matt

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > In article <>,
    > says...

    > > frames _will_ make your peepee and/or boobies fall off

    > Not my MIGHTY MAN MEAT!

    opps, just noticed you said boobies to... Never mind...
    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Jun 1, 2004