Controls placed in a TableCell inaccessible in design time?

lisa

I was just wondering if anyone has come up with a workaround for the
way VS.NET stops "seeing" controls that have been put into a TableCell.

I understand why we have to go into HTML View to add them there, and I
even understand why we can't click on those controls to have them
appear in the property panel.

What I don't understand is why I can't even choose such controls from
the dropdown at the top of the property panel. It's irksome.

Is this just something we need to live with, or is there some way
around it.

Thanks,
Lisa