Controls with XML Serialization and Schema Validation?

Shawn Wildermuth

I am using a control that creates the inner HTML/XML inside their own ASP.NET
tag (e.g. <somelib:somecontrol />). VS.NET 2005 is telling me there is an
error that it cannot map these XML inside the tag to individual properties,
where the control itself just handles that with Xml serialization. This
caused warnings on pages in vs.net 2003, but now they are errors. The result?
I cannot use many 3rd party controls who all do this. Ideas on how to either
turn off schema validation for ASPX/ASCX files or to hint to the compiler
to ignore the inner xml? I don't own the source code, so I can't actually
change anything.

Thanks,
Shawn Wildermuth
Speaker, Author and C# MVP

[MSFT]

Hello,

It'd be great if you can provide the code snippet that can produce the
problem. For example, a simple web control with your code yo generate the
tag (<somelib:somecontrol />). I may test it on my side to see what is
going on.

Thanks,

Luke

Shawn Wildermuth

Hello [MSFT],

It might take soem time to craft an example. I could craft one quick with
one of a number of 3rd party controls, but I am not sure what you guys on
the inside have access to.

Thanks,
Shawn Wildermuth
Speaker, Author and C# MVP

[MSFT]

Hello Shawn,

Thank you for the reply. If a third party control can be free download and
can reproduce the problem directly, please let me know. I may test it to
save your time.

thanks,

Luke