    I can do more with the formatting (Setting font colors, etc.)

    Can Anyone help?

    , Aug 11, 2005

  2. Paul Lalli Guest

    wrote:
    > Right now I have a TXT File which has been outputted from VHDL file
    > i/o. Using Perl, I want to convert the output file into RTF Format

    Pet peeve. The 'F' stands for 'Format'. This goes right along with
    "ATM Machine" and "PIN Number".

    > , so
    > I can do more with the formatting (Setting font colors, etc.)
    >
    > Can Anyone help?

    What exactly do you need help with?

    Reading the file?
    perldoc -f open
    perldoc -f readline

    Printing to a new file?
    perlduc -f print

    Creating a document in RTF? Have you searched CPAN?
    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/RTF-Writer-1.11/lib/RTF/Writer.pod

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Aug 11, 2005

    Yah, I didn't even realize that I threw "Format" in there. Just one of
    those things you get used to saying after any format type i guess.

    Thanks. I did look at cpan, but didn't come across this because I was
    looking for some sort of convert function.

    With the print method I should be able to specify what color the text
    will be by declaring my own color table at the top then?

    I'm just getting into PERL because I needed to parse out this text
    file, and now I want to do more with it.

    Thanks again.

    , Aug 11, 2005