Convert TXT into RTF

mikeski0

Right now I have a TXT File which has been outputted from VHDL file
i/o. Using Perl, I want to convert the output file into RTF Format, so
I can do more with the formatting (Setting font colors, etc.)

Can Anyone help?

Paul Lalli

Right now I have a TXT File which has been outputted from VHDL file
i/o. Using Perl, I want to convert the output file into RTF Format

Pet peeve. The 'F' stands for 'Format'. This goes right along with
"ATM Machine" and "PIN Number".
, so
I can do more with the formatting (Setting font colors, etc.)

Can Anyone help?

What exactly do you need help with?

Reading the file?
perldoc -f open
perldoc -f readline

Printing to a new file?
perlduc -f print

Creating a document in RTF? Have you searched CPAN?
http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/RTF-Writer-1.11/lib/RTF/Writer.pod

Paul Lalli

mikeski0

Yah, I didn't even realize that I threw "Format" in there. Just one of
those things you get used to saying after any format type i guess.

Thanks. I did look at cpan, but didn't come across this because I was
looking for some sort of convert function.

With the print method I should be able to specify what color the text
will be by declaring my own color table at the top then?

I'm just getting into PERL because I needed to parse out this text
file, and now I want to do more with it.

Thanks again.