Convert word doc to HTML

Guest

I've got a requirement to build a page using MS WORD and then have the page
show up on a web site. I know I can do a binary write and open up the WORD
document in IE plugin. Don't really want to do this because it displays in
the word editor. What I'm looking for is a way to upload the WORD document to
the server (I know how to do this using the HTML Upload control) then take
the WORD document and run it thru some kind of converter class and convert to
HTML, then if I can do a response write or something to a panel on the page
(without the body and head tags of course, since they are already there on
the existing page). The ultimate goal is to show this converted WORD doc in
an existing HTML page. There are also imbedded images in the WORD doc.

Is there any articles out there on how to do this?

Nilesh Deshpande

Chris,

You can achieve this by:
Add reference to Microsoft Word Object Library from COM tab in Add Referece
dialog
Use Document interface's SaveAs method to save page as web page.

Guest

Nilesh, that is a wonderfull idea. Thanks, but is there any documentation on
how to use the word SaveAs method?
--
Chris Davoli