Converted Web Application from 1.1 to 2.0 Causing Problems

rishabhshrivastava

Hello All,

I converted a Web Application from ASP.NET 1.1 to 2.0 using the
Migration Add-Ins and I have been working on this converted version for
2 months now.

Today I realized that if I open the project from File menu as "Open
Website" it gives me errors all over but if I open it as "Open Project"
it works fine. All this time I was working with it by opening it as
"Open Project"........

It is not able to recognize the Web Controls on Web Pages, I cannot
access them in the code-behind and also its not allowing me to create
the objects of classes in other places and obviously is not compiling
using VS2005 IDE but if i type the URL of my application in IE I am
able to access the application without errors and everything is working
fine....... strange!!!!!

Any ideas about why its giving error when opened as a website????

Any help/suggestions regarding this will be appreciated.

Thanks.