Converting Non-Unicode Characters

Discussion in 'Java' started by Arthur, Aug 24, 2004.

  1. Arthur

    Arthur Guest

    Howdy All,

    Here is my problem: I have over 10,000 files that have file names in
    Korean. When running Windows 98, and then Windows 2000 these file
    names appeared in Korean with no problems when I used this software
    NJSTAR.

    Fast forward: I am now running Windows XP and none of the file names
    appear properly, even if I use NJSTAR and/or all the built in XP
    Unicode utilities and such.

    So, obviously these file names are not Unicode. Who knows what they
    are. But since everything is going Unicode, I figure it would be to
    my advantage to re-name them or convert them to Unicode standard.

    10,000 files......is there a program out there to do this for me???

    Thanks,

    Arthur

    Arthur, Aug 24, 2004